… to preserve the integrity and reputation of the Yoruba Nation agitation for self-determination
Professor Banji Akintoye, Chairman of the Nigerian Indigenous Nationalities Alliance for Self-Determination (NINAS), said the Ilana Omo Oodua (IOO), the umbrella body of Yoruba Self-Determination Groups, has moved out of the NINAS Alliance with immediate effect.
In a statement on Tuesday, Akintoye and 44 other leaders of IOO said it is very imperative, sacrosanct and germane for the Yoruba bloc to quit the Alliance in order to preserve the integrity and reputation of the Yoruba Nation agitation for self-determination.
The statement reads “In the light of the current development in the Yoruba Self-Determination struggle, especially, in Ilana Omo Oodua, it has become very necessary for the Yoruba people to dissociate themselves from the Alliance known as NINAS with immediate effect.
“It is our well-considered opinion that some of those we align with in NINAS do not want the kind of SELF-DETERMINATION that we the Yoruba people want.
“Therefore, we the leadership of Ilana Omo Oodua, wish to inform the general public that the Yoruba Bloc under the leadership of Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide has moved out of the Nigerian Indigenous Nationalities Alliance for Self-Determination (NINAS) with immediate effect in order to safeguard the integrity and honour of our agitation for Self-Determination.
“We thank the Leader of LNC, Mr. Tony Nnadi, for his inputs to the NINAS struggle since inception. However, it is now obvious to most people in the Yoruba Self-Determination struggle that the LNC is not working in tandem with our objective in Ilana Omo Oodua.
“The implication of this development is that the prestigious leadership that Professor Adebanji Stephen Akintoye, has provided for NINAS as Chairman since inception has now come to an end from today Tuesday 30th November, 2021.
“Furthermore, Ilana Omo Oodua hereby withdraw its membership of NINAS with immediate effect. All the Yoruba People Worldwide that believe in the agitation for Yoruba Nation Self-Determination at home and abroad are, by this statement, notified to comply.
“We are, however, pleased to inform you that a more productive Wide-Alliance to be known as the South and Middle-Belt People’s Sovereign Movement (SOMPSOM) will be officially inaugurated after the completion of the ongoing consultations with likeminds across the South and Middle-Belt Regions.”
- Prof. Banji Akintoye – Alana of Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide.
- Professor Wale Adeniran
- Dr. Kayode Akinwande
- Engr. Muda Ogunsola
- Dr. Gbenga Adeyeye
- Mr. Maxwell Adeleye
- Dr. Adejuwon Akinsola
- Pastor Ayodele Praise – Ekiti StaCoordinator, Ilana Omo Oodua
- Prince Ade Adefioye – Lagos State Coordinator, Ilana Omo Oodua
- Mr. Adekanola Desmond – Mobilisation Unit
- Omo Oba Kazeem Onikeke – Oyo State Coordinator, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide
- Comrade Bankole Adeniyi – Ondo State Coordinator
- Princess Tanimowo Okusaga – Women Wing
- Ms Egbinlade Adebola – Ilana Omo Oodua, Canada Chapter
- Mr. Seun Aribilola – Coordinator, Ilana Omo Oodua, United States of America
- Chief Jimoh Olawale Taofeeq – Ogun State Coordinator, Ilana Omo Oodua
- Ms Funmi Soyemi – Coordinator, Ilana Omo Oodua, Republic of Ireland
- Sheik Aduranigba Chief Imam – Ilana Omo Oodua Elders Advisory Council
- Alhaji Ali Oyedeji- Chairman, Ilana Omo Oodua Elders Advisory Council
- Otunba Tomi Koledoye – Ilana Omo Oodua Elders Advisory Council
- Madam Judith Richard Kila – Ilana Omo Oodua United Kingdom
- Dr. Chief Sola Oni – Coordinator, Ilana Omo Oodua, United Kingdom
- Mr. Ademola Abidoye – Ilana Omo Oodua, United Kingdom
- Prof. Ade Kukoyi- Chairman, Ilana Omo Oodua Think-Tank Council
- Mr. Bolarinwa Ade – Ilana Omo Oodua Germany
- Prince Adekunle Adelakun – Ilana Omo Oodua Homeland Council
- Mr. Wasiu Iyanda – Ilana Omo Oodua Youth Wing
- Mr. Elisha Ademoyegun – Ilana Omo Oodua Youth Wing
- Ms Bolanle Cole – United States
- Mr. Emmanuel Akanbi – Canada
- Mr. Uthman Ikosiola – United States
- Mr. Isiah Teju – Canada
- Chief Mrs Ronke Okusanya
- Dr. Funso Famuyiwa
- Mrs Busola Akintoye
- Oladapo Kayode, Esq
- Ms Tosin Adeleye
- Com. Deji Adebayo – Ilana Omo Oodua IT Unit
- Com. Femi Oluwajuyitan – Ilana Omo Oodua New Media Unit
- Mr. Ibrahim Hammed – Ilana Omo Oodua Tech Unit
- Ms Precious Olusola Adesola – United Kingdom
- Mr. Telita Sule – Ilana Omo Oodua Research Unit
NINAS was the umbrella body of Self-Determination Groups in the South and Middle-Belt Regions of Nigeria with Ilana Omo Oodua representing the Yoruba bloc, Lower Niger Congress (LNC) representing the South East and South South, and the Middle-Belt Rennaissance Movement representing the Middle-Belt Region.