By Abiodun OBA
The Lagos State Command of the Nigerian Police Force has arrested the nurse who reportedly injected the late Nigerian rapper, Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad prior to his demise on Tuesday, September 12.
The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed that the body of the ‘peace’ hitmaker has finally been exhumed and the nurse arrested.
He also stated that an autopsy on the body will commence soon to ensure that the circumstances surrounding the death of the rapper, who passed away on September 12 at the age of 27, are revealed.
The update, which was posted on the X (formerly Twitter) account of the Lagos PPRO, reads, “Exhumation completed. Autopsy to commence. #JusticeForMohad #Justice4Mohbad.”
Since the death was confirmed, Nigerians have continued to express their dissatisfaction over the alleged bullying he was subjected to while alive, with many protesting and calling for justice over his tragic death.
The police had earlier this week disclosed that the remains of the late rapper’s body would be exhumed for investigation if needed.
Netizens are however, speculating that Mohbad might have been buried alive.
In the viral videos showing the aftermath of the exhumation of the late Ilerioluwa Promise Aloba, popularly Mohbad’s body, from his grave, a pool of blood is seen where the late songwriter’s head is placed in the coffin.
Standing witnesses with shock and grief lament that he was surely buried alive. An absence of odour at the grave made their conviction of him being murdered stronger.
Some argued that blood is a normal part of the decomposition process a dead body goes through. Many insist that his father must have known he was alive which made him adamant on burying his body within 24 hours after he died.
Others pray that the autopsy results won’t be altered and hope that Mohbad’s killers get punished.
Meanwhile, Seyi Tinubu, has debunked the claims making rounds on the internet that he donated a sum of 15 million naira to the son of the late Nigerian rapper, Mohbad.
Since the death of the ‘peace’ hitmaker was announced on September 12, Nigerians have continued to seek justice over his death and have equally raised millions of naira for the rapper’s 5-month-old son, Liam.
In a new development regarding the donations on Thursday, there were reports that the son of President Bola had joined the long list of Nigerians donating to the late rapper’s son’s account.
The report, posted on X (formerly Twitter) by Dada Olusegun, an aide to President Tinubu, claimed that the President’s son had supported the late rapper’s son with 15 million naira. He also posted an alleged receipt of the transaction.
However, while refuting the claim on X a few hours later, Japheth Omojuwa, a popular political commentator and an ally of Seyi, stated that no such donation was made.
According to him, Seyi Tinubu, like every other Nigerian, expressed deep concern over the untimely death of Mohbad but did not make the alleged 15-million-naira donation.
He added that although Seyi is committed to supporting the late rapper’s wife and son, he did not make the purported donation.
He wrote in part: “Seyi Tinubu didn’t donate N15m to Mohbad’s kid or family. I would know because I have been discussing the issue with him for several days.
“I said not to get sucked into the social media thing because whatever he said or did would be politicized. I then went on to say, irrespective of that, we should prioritize his family, especially his kid. He said he’d commit to the kid’s education and also support the wife immediately. But we also knew there was still a danger of that getting used against him politically – that’s the world we now live in. It is what it is, it’s why one can only move the best way one can.”
Affirming the authenticity of Omojuwa’s statement, Seyi Tinubu took to his verified Instagram account to repost the full statement on his Instagram stories.