By Charles Nwabardi
THE Commissioner for Health, Sokoto State, Dr Ali Innamem  said, 24 people died after consuming food cooked with a fertilizer type of chemical in the state.
In a statement on Tuesday, he disclosed that the incident occurred in Danzanke village of Isa local government area of the state on Monday, after the 24 people, all from a big family in the village, ate the food cooked with a fertilizer type of chemical, which they mistook for salt.
He said,  “Regrettably, the 24 family members who ate the meal lost their lives, except two female members, who merely tasted the food and are currently responding to treatment, with very good chances of survival.
“It is very important for the public to know that this incidence though preventable and not contagious, is extremely fatal even with best of medical attention and care.”
He urged local residents to learn from this incident and keep away such poisonous chemicals from easy reach

You may also like

Comments

Leave a Reply