Abiodun OBA

The military is closing in on the perpetrators of last Sunday deadly church attack in Owo, Ondo State, allegedly sponsored by the Islamic State of West Africa (ISWAP).

Nigeria’s Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, stated this while speaking with newsmen after the National Security Council (NSC) meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja, on Thursday.

Aregbesola said the Owo attack had no ethnic colouration as being speculated by Nigerians.

The minister said the government was also worried by the spate of killings in the name of blasphemy.

He added that adequate security arrangement had been made for the forthcoming governorship election in Ekiti State, scheduled for 18 June, 2022.

Twenty-two people were shot dead and over 50 others injured when gunmen attacked St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Ondo State during mass service.

You may also like

Comments

Leave a Reply