By Charles Nwabardi
Fume of carbon monoxide from generating set on Wednesday, has killed four persons including a couple during Sallah in Kwara State.
The incident occurred at the Ojomu family compound in Sanmora, Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State.
The victims reportedly came down from Lagos to celebrate the Sallah festival.
Their corpses have been deposited at the Offa General Hospital morgue.
“It was one of the aged women in the compound who wanted to pay them welcome visit around 7:00am on Wednesday that discovered their bodies and raised alarm.
“Two of them who were still alive when residents went in were unconscious. They are lying in critical condition at the hospital now and we don’t know their state yet”, the source added.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer of the Kwara State Command, Ajayi Okasanmi, confirmed the development.
“Yes, I just called our officers there. The incident is true. We will continue to appeal to people to put safety first in all their actions even during celebration. We, however, condoled with the affected family over this unfortunate incident,” he added.

You may also like


Leave a Reply