Kenny EMMANUEL

 

The Kano State Fire Service has attributed most of the fire incidents in the state to careless handling of cooking gas and the use of inferior electrical appliances.

Saminu Abdullahi, the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the service, gave the assertion in a statement released to newsmen on Sunday in Kano.

He therefore advised residents to always handle fire with care to prevent outbreaks.

The PRO also urged parents to stop their wards from swimming in open water and monitor their movement.

According to him, in November alone, the Service saved 81 lives and property worth a N60.6million in 80 fire incidents recorded in the state.

Abdullahi further revealed, that, 49 lives were lost and property worth N28.6 million was destroyed by fire during the period under review.

“The service responded to 62 rescue calls and 19 false alarms from residents of the state,” he added.

You may also like

Comments

Leave a Reply