Tayo AFOLABI

A second gas explosionthis week occured in Ogun this time at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library in Abeokuta leaving two persons feared dead.

The explosion occurred on Thursday, around 11 am at the Marcque event centre within the Presidential Library.

A source disclosed that a routine cleaning was being done while one of the gas cylinders in the event centre exploded.

The eyewitness informed that some dead bodies have been taken by a rescue team that arrived at the scene shortly after the incident.

Sequel to the accident,  both gates at the entrance and the exit were under lock and key with the guards at the gates sending everyone that wanted to enter back.

Recall that only on Tuesday, the Conference Hotel in Abeokuta owned by former Governor, Gbenga Daniel, was hit by explosion, killing two and injuring three others.

The two occurrences of gas explosion last week claimed the lives of an infant and four others.

Last Wednesday, three persons, including an infant were burnt to death in a gas explosion that occurred in Oke-Egunyan, along NTA Road in Abeokuta when a technician was topping up the gas of faulty refrigerator.

Barely 24 hours after the incident, another gas explosion occurred on Mercy Road, Panseke, Abeokuta where a technician, Sanya Shonde was injured which later led to the amputation of his leg.

Thursday explosion brings to four the number of explosions recorded in the last one week in the state.

You may also like

By Charles Nwabardi The Northern Elders’ Forum has warned Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) ...
Neighborhood Watch

Comments

Leave a Reply